10. Breakfast wings*.
9. Bats in the Octagonal Barn's belfrey during the wedding speeches.
8. Chorizo & egg tacos at the farmer's market.
7. Photos and stories of politicians visiting the Hamburg Inn during caucus time.
6. The fact that there are separate bars for "the writers" and "the poets".
5. The Hy-Vee on S. Gilbert. You can seriously fit like 12 Key Foods in there!
4. How freaking hot it was -- ok, that was maybe not so awesome.
3. The very determined guy fiendishly mowing the Rosengreen's lawn during their wedding eve barbecue.
2. The girl who works at the bookstore with the Eustace Tilley tattoo on her bicep.
And the number one awesome thing about Iowa:
Blue Eyes walks in to get a fountain soda. He jiggles his full drink a little when reaching for a cap, splashing some on his wrist. A guy behind him in line -- a big, hulking guy who looks like he's either on, or trying out for Buckeye football -- reacts to this by saying "Oh no! Here, let me get you some napkins!**"
*Really just wings for breakfast, but it gave me a great idea to open a wings only cafe with breakfast and dessert wings!
**Cut to two days later, when we arrive back in New York at LaGuardia. I go to the ladies' room, and am greeted by pee all over the seat. Point, counterpoint.